Monday, August 17, 2020

Cubs get Nighengaled, Drop 3 of 4 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Cubs vs. Cards Preview

Rough Day For Jon Lester As Cubs Lose To Brewers – CBS Chicago

I just wanna get one thing off the ground here, I fucking hate the Milwaukee Brewers. No fanbase has acted so high and mighty over the better part of three seasons without winning shit than the Brewers, expect probably Yankees fans. Cardinals fans are right up there too but they just remind me of an old guy that sits around and bitches about iPhones and talks about the good ole days. Maybe I'm a salty bitch because they actually have literally been better than the Cubs the past of couple of seasons, maybe I'm just pissed that outside of Christian Yelich they're a team of replacement level to slightly above replacement level players that seem to have big, fluky years then drop off the face of the planet Earth, looking at you Eric Thames and Jesus Aguilar. Whatever.

The Cubs came into the weekend with the best rotation in baseball and coming off a series in which they scored 14 runs in 2 games against an Indians club that hadn't given up 4 runs in a game all year up to that point. Then this happen.

This may actually the worst thing to happen to the Cubs in 2020, they got fucking Nightengaled. I went from being pissed about bad ABs and Willson Contreras all of a sudden forgetting how to lay off a breaking ball to getting furiously red with rage when I saw this reappear on my timeline Sunday. It's just poetic how Bob tweets this and the Cubs are 1-3 since and have lost 3 straight by one run.

I feel better now that I got to vent. It's baseball, it's a game that makes you want to pull your hair out. If you would've told me in Mid-July that the Cubs would be 13-6 at this point in the year I would have been through the roof. Time to pack it up and move onto to the next series. Circling back to the Cardinals, they come to town for 5 games in three days at Wrigley. I guess the Cubs will be visitors for a couple of them as they are trying to make up the fuck ton of games since their irresponsible escapades that put the whole team on the Corona IL.  Nothing would make me feel better after this weekend than taking at least 4 of these 5 games from the Cards and that starts with taking 2 games today starting at 4:15 local time. Kyle Hendricks, dragged his 88 mph tossing balls all over the Cards in 2019, starts game 1 and after that we have no fucking clue who throws the rest of the games for the Cubs and neither do they. 


Seems fitting for 2020, "fuck it, we'll figure it out.

Go Cubs... Cards Suck

No comments:

Post a Comment