Sunday, June 28, 2020

Shoutout To Bears Fans For Gaining Self Awareness:


I was scrolling through Twitter after a long day of golf with my old man, and I came across this on twitter: https://twitter.com/BigBearsGuy/status/1277001993496809472

As a Diehard Lions fan, I have to admit I was quite triggered. While many will wonder if it's low hanging fruit, it made me realize that Bears fans have accepted their place in the cellar of the division with us. While many people might point out that the Bears have only gone 3-9 against Matthew Stafford since 2013, and that the Lions have more playoff appearances in the last decade than the Bears, I would never besmirch a fallen rival like that. 

Imagine how hard it is already to be a Bears fan, and coming to the realization that that they have the same amount of doinks on Cody Parkey's game winning field goal attempt against the Eagles as wins against a healthy Aaron Rodgers since the 2010 NFC Championship Game. (Two doinks to Two wins).

I would never make fun of the Bears for trying to assert dominance over the long running cellar dweller of the division, as that would be rude of me. I would never make fun of the Bears for drafting Mitchell Trubisky second overall over NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, as that would also be very rude and ugly to do. 

Instead, I welcome the Bears for coming to the realization that you can only hang your hat on only winning one Super Bowl with Walter Payton and the greatest defense of all time for so long, before people realize that you're essentially the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with better uniforms and worse quarterback play.  Welcome to the cellar fellas, and thank you for finally coming to the realization that you'll never be held in the same regards as Green Bay and joining us in a cockfight at the bottom. When you're a moribund franchise like the Bears, you need to take every close victory you can over elite QBs like Jeff Driskel and David Blough. 

So don't mind me, I'm just the triggered Lions fan that's actually seen his team beat an Aaron Rodgers led Green Bay multiple times in the same season, something that literally no Bears fan has ever been able to say. But to our new rivals, while the division may be out of reach for us, we can still root against good franchises like the Green Bay Packers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment